Sunday, May 20, 2012

Week ending 20/05/2012

We met our new SS on Thursday, he is very nice and an ex carpenter and knows his carpentry but is new to the SS role and seems a bit nervous about it all. The good news was we ran into our original CM on Tuesday night, and are much more at ease knowing he is still around even if not in an official capacity. The new SS couldn't tell us which pipes are going to be yard gullies or whether they were going to be fixed to the downpipes, didn't seem to know about the requirements for waterproofing, (getting the questions in early based  on Cam & Kirsten's experience) and a couple of other little things, but the up side of that is, he is flexible and we explained we reeeallyy want to get the driveway done before handover, as there isn't a lot of room for parking 3 cars on the street, and he said we could work something out closer to the date, so that is a relief! And we have gone full circle with the Metricon CSC's and are back to our first CSC who is lovely (they all have been so far).

I have been getting quotes for our deck for the outdoor room, but after today will also be getting them to quote for a gazebo to be built as part of the deck for our new SPAAAA, we got a fantastic deal at the Spa expo, now I know often the deals at expo's are not really deals at all, but we have wanted a spa since we bought our current house 9 years ago and have been keeping our eye on the market off and on, and research etc etc and it really is an awesome deal. The colours will be exactly the same as in the photo to keep in theme with the house.



In other good news our CM was able to get us a credit on my other little side project (even though they had already made them) so very pleased about that! Promise I'll update about it later in the week.


Next week:
Thursday is STAIRS!!!!! no more ladder!!!!!!!!
More cornices and "fix out" whatever that is, I asked but I can't remember what it is now.
Maybe some garage doors.

I am looking for a small white rectangular  leather ottoman/bench seat to go in front of the window to be able to sit on to take shoes on and off before entering the house, I've spent about 8 hours scouring the net and either I'm too fussy or just can't find what I want, If you see something, please let me know!!!




Ladder be gone!!!!



Main Bathroom It has occurred to me that my blog contains a lot of the same photos so with this one, you have to pretend you are in the one room but turning around. (it is tricky to take photos of small rooms, so I seem to just be taking the easy shots!)

Entry hallway and niche

Study - there will be a mirrored wardrobe to store all the messy office stuff, the mirror is to make the room feel larger, and also handy for a last minute hair check before heading out the door ;-). There is no door on the study, another house we went to had put one in but we found it really closed up the hallway and entry so decided to see how we go without one and then add it later if need be.

2 comments:

  1. Looking great, Mel!

    How special is that spa? Love it!!

    Glad to see things are moving forward with some speed now.

    M
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh when I read your caption about the leather ottoman / bench seat thingy. I too am chasing one and can't find any that are 'just right' so after discussion with the husband (and begging him to make me a frame)... I am going to 'attempt' making my own. I've been googling ideas and tips and I think I know what I'm doing! I figure that way I can get what I want etc and i'll be proud to be able to say 'I made that'. Just an idea if you get stuck! House is looking great!
    Em

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment on my Blog :-)